LinkedIn has revealed its top influencers in Australia, showcasing the strength of personal brands and how they can grow your business.
The 2016 Power Profiles includes influencers ranging from CEOs, marketing, tech startups and internet spokespeople. The results reflect not only their investment in their LinkedIn profiles, but also the most viewed professionals in their fields.
“Investing in your personal brand helps grow your business brand. These Power Profiles are spending time nurturing their professional network by sharing insights and their perspective on areas that they are passionate about," comments Cliff Rosenberg, LinkedIn Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia managing director.
In the internet category, the top eight influencers are:
- Scott Farquhar - Founder & Owner, Atlassian
- Matt Barrie – CEO, Freelancer.com
- Laurie Patton - CEO, Internet Australia
- Charlie Wood - ANZ Manager, Dropbox
- Tony Ward - Managing Director Asia Pacific, SurveyMonkey
- Alistair Venn - Managing Director, Menulog
- Alexandre Meyer - Co-Founder & CEO, Vaniday Australia
- Richard Webb - Venture Catalyst, Investor, Serial Entrepreneur, Adventurer, Disruptor, and Father
In the tech startup category, the top five influencers are:
- Martin Hosking – CEO, Redbubble
- Mark Harbottle - Co-founder 99designs, SitePoint, Flippa, Learnable. Founding Investor Hired, Influx, Promise Pay
- Jost Stollmann – CEO, Tyro Payments Limited
- Beau Bertoli - Joint CEO, Prospa
- Murray Hurps – General Manger, Fishburners, Founder of Ad Muncher, Startup Muster, Feedback Fast
LinkedIn's Cliff Rosenberg also provides some tips for self-branding.
- Tell your professional story: Show expertise, domain and soft skills through key professional achievements
- Share opinions on topics that matter to you by publishing long form posts
- Connect with and nurture your network by adding value and sharing insightful information through status updates.
LinkedIn currently has more than 8 million members in Australia, and 450 million members worldwide. Read the full list of LinkedIn Power Profiles in Australia here.