Retail management software Vend today announced it has partnered with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia to bring its point-of-sale app to thousands more inventory-based retailers across the country.
Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s largest bank.
Under the terms of the agreement, its purpose-built payments tablet Albert will now feature Vend’s Register app, which provides advanced retail tools such as inventory management, analytics and customer loyalty, for the small and mid-sized retailer.
Albert has more than 88,000 devices in circulation in businesses throughout Australia.
This move aims to bring more choice to Australian retailers in how they can sell, connect with customers, and run their business, at a time when customer experience and mobile is more important than ever.
“We’re big supporters of technology that moves payments innovation forward. Retailers should have access to the best tools to run a modern, competitive business, no matter what their size. That’s why we’re so excited to be working with Commonwealth Bank and Albert. More businesses will now be able to use leading-edge POS and payments connected together, and do it from anywhere,” says Vend CEO Alex Fala.
“This partnership with Commonwealth Bank demonstrates the strength of our platform and the difference it’s making to retailers across Australia, and that’s something we’re very proud of.”
Retailers will be able to connect Commonwealth Bank’s Albert with Vend on their iPad, Mac or PC to accept payments and make sales on-the-go, and automatically sync their payment data to eliminate manual errors.
Claire Roberts, CommBank’s SME business banking executive general manager, says, “Commonwealth Bank endeavours to provide the best experience for all customers and provide them with access to leading-edge technology. Our partnership with Vend is another great example of the innovation we bring to clients to help them succeed. Vend provides all the benefits of mobile payments combined with a point of sale that significantly improves the customer experience and how a retailer manages their business.”
With Vend on Albert, retailers can:
- Offer faster, more secure transactions to provide a better customer experience
- Eliminate double entry and manual end-of-day reconciliations, with payments flowing directly from Commonwealth Bank’s Albert to Vend
- Make more informed business decisions more quickly with access to sales, product and performance data analytics in Vend
- More easily track and manage stock across multiple stores and sales channels through Vend’s advanced inventory management tool
- Scale easily by adding products, staff, customers, registers and stores in just a few clicks.