Virtustream launches new services for cloud applications
Virtustream, an enterprise-class cloud company and a Dell Technologies business, has released Virtustream xStreamCare, an expansion of its comprehensive suite of professional and managed services for customers looking to migrate applications to any cloud.
The suite of services for mission-critical workloads builds on Virtustream’s decade-long experience, automation, end-to-end processes, and deep technical expertise in migrating and managing the most complex enterprise-class workloads in the cloud.
Virtustream’s xStreamCare services have long set the industry high mark for handling complex IT landscapes as a core component of the Virtustream Enterprise Cloud.
Enterprise customers value the comprehensive approach for the planning, migration and management of mission-critical workloads in the cloud.
“We’ve managed thousands of the most complex migrations for some of the largest companies on the planet,” says Virtustream professional and managed services vice president Rob Scott.
“Our single-hand-to-shake approach is unique, as is the deep expertise our xStreamCare services teams bring to our customers. It’s hard to match our experience and expertise in mission-critical workloads.”
The company has extended its best practices with new deployment automation capabilities to remove the barriers between clouds.
The company will now look to extend those capabilities through a platform-agnostic approach and expand the scope of its services to span multiple clouds.
Virtustream offers support for each stage of a customer’s journey to the cloud, with a broad set of expert professional and managed services.
- Planning – spanning advisory, architecture, security and compliance, performance optimisation, backup and disaster recovery, pre-migration code optimisation, data analysis and archiving.
- Migration – spanning dedicated transition and project managers, globally-staffed teams, multi-platform migration services, steady-state stabilisation and validation, and customer-specific migration strategies, processes and technology solutions for a tailored, complete journey to the cloud - not a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Integration – fully integrated operational processes, including planned and tested disaster recovery, dedicated cloud delivery account managers, 24X7 global enterprise-class support services, and integrated service ticketing system to make workflows seamless.
- Optimisation – includes compliance audits, modernisation assessment, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability scanning, proactive SAP and database-level health checks to ensure optimised operations, and SAP Basis management, including patching, backup and performance.
- Managed – spanning complete management of applications, database, operating system and IaaS (infrastructure as a service); and managed security services, including anti-virus/anti-malware, host-based intrusion detection system and firewall.
Virtustream’s xStreamCare services offer highly-automated, scalable and differentiated services for enterprise customers as they move toward a multi-cloud future.
Recent research from Forrester Consulting found that 97% of organisations have adopted multi-cloud strategies for their mission-critical applications.
The study also found nearly 90% of organisations predict they’ll maintain or increase their investments and staffing for multi-cloud deployments over the next two years, and, specifically, 88% will maintain or increase investments in managed services support.