Zoom partners with Poly & Yealink to launch phone appliance range
Zoom has launched a new range of phone appliances in partnership with Poly and Yealink.
The Zoom Phone Appliances include the Poly CCX 600 Desk Phone and CCX 700 Desk Phone with an integrated video camera, as well as the Yealink VP59 Smart Video Phone.
Zoom says its appliances combine its technologies with hardware from its partners, in order to provide video and audio capabilities and touch display to create an all-in-one desk phone solution.
Zoom’s head of Zoom Phone and Zoom Rooms, Graeme Geddes, comments, “The traditional workplace is evolving and adapting, and our goal is to empower the workforce to accomplish more by blurring the lines between voice and video.”
Poly’s VP and GM of voice collaboration, John Lamarque, says the partnership brings the Zoom platform to Poly devices for a ‘powerful and immersive experience’.
Yealink’s VP of product, Alvin Liao, adds that the appliances will provide a user-friendly and intuitive experience.
Zoom Phone Appliance features include:
- A full-featured desk phone with powerful Zoom capabilities. Zoom Phone Appliances are always on, and always ready for instant communication and collaboration. Easily start ad-hoc or scheduled meetings, make and receive phone calls, check voicemail, and virtually collaborate with content sharing and annotation
- Centralised management through Zoom Admin Portal: Simplified, scalable, centralised management with remote provisioning and updates
- No additional licensing required: Login to a Zoom Phone Appliance with a Zoom account and create an instant office experience
- Personalised for the user: Syncs with the user calendar, status, meeting settings, and phone for an integrated video-first unified communications experience
- Simplified onboarding with Zero-touch provisioning: Minimises need for IT support with a simplified set-up and user experience
- Touch display with interactive whiteboarding: Collaborate with colleagues with interactive whiteboarding that can be exported and shared
- Zoom Certified: Zoom Phone Appliances are introducing a new certified hardware category, ensuring these devices are purpose-built for an optimal Zoom Phone and meetings experience. More devices will be added to this category over time.
Frost & Sullivan VP of Connected Work Research, Elka Popova, adds that Zoom is innovating quickly and scaling globally.
“Zoom Phone has always been a disruptive alternative to legacy phone solutions and the new appliance program further enhances its value proposition by enabling businesses to video-enable workspaces with purpose-built appliances that are easy to procure, deploy, and manage.”
Zoom Phone Appliances are available from Zoom’s Hardware-as-a-Service program, as well as Poly and Yealink resellers.