Adobe has announced the global availability of Adobe Experience Platform, a real-time platform for customer experience management (CXM).
An open and extensible platform, Adobe Experience Platform stitches together data from across the enterprise, enabling real-time customer profiles leveraging Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Adobe Experience Platform activates content based on these customer profiles to deliver personalised experiences in real-time.
Customers already using Adobe Experience Platform in beta include 3M, Best Buy, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Marriott, Sony PlayStation and Verizon Wireless.
Every enterprise today is struggling to handle the explosion of data that is being driven by rich customer experiences, multiple devices and IoT.
These companies are spending massive amounts of time and resources trying to build their own infrastructure to manage and sort the data.
Adobe is offering Adobe Experience Platform to bring together all data sources from across the enterprise and rationalise the data for real-time actionability.
Adobe Experience Platform collects and processes real-time data – tens of millions of events per second – from multiple sources and organises the data into Experience Data Models (XDM).
Brands are able to leverage Adobe Experience Platform to activate insights across all Adobe Experience Cloud solutions.
In addition, enterprises can bring in their unique data from ERPs, CRMs and other sources.
"Solving today’s data challenges requires a cloud-based, hyperscale architecture with a rich data pipeline and real-time customer profile powered by AI and machine learning," says Adobe executive vice president and chief technology officer Abhay Parasnis.
"Adobe Experience Platform is purpose-built for capturing, processing and actioning data in real-time, enabling enterprises to deliver rich and relevant experiences to their customers."
Adobe Experience Platform offers:
- Data pipeline and semantics: Adobe Experience Platform is built with a large data pipeline pulling data from multiple sources across a globally distributed edge network that enriches the real-time customer profile. The data is then organised into the Experience Data Model with more than 50 customer experience schemas that use a standard language and data vocabulary. Adobe Experience Platform also offers a robust set of tools that are natively integrated to ensure compliance with current regulations and policies controlling the management of data, like GDPR. With an open architecture, IT teams can also easily add data governance of their own on top of Adobe Experience Platform to meet all of their compliance needs.
- Real-time personalisation at scale: Adobe Experience Platform powers Adobe’s new real-time Customer Data Platform (CDP), which brings together known and anonymous data to activate real-time customer profiles across multiple channels throughout the customerjourney with intelligent decisioning and segmentation. Customers can rationalise these profiles and apply Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to transform these building blocks into valuable audiences.
- Intelligent decisioning to enable real-time actionability: Customer journey intelligence, powered by Adobe Sensei, leverages predefined data-driven operational best practices, AI and business intelligence to enable real-time decisions and actions. Data scientists can stitch together data from across the enterprise, powering a real-time customer profile on Adobe Experience Platform to continuously optimise business processes. Businesses can either access Adobe Sensei models, create their own or leverage existing models and seamlessly train them – backed by a fully managed, secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Adobe Sensei AI services: With the global availability of Adobe Experience Platform, new AI services (available in beta) provide the intelligence layer to connect data and content—ensuring brands consistently deliver the right message, on the right channel, at the right time. Adobe Sensei services now widely accessible to any business include: Customer AI which lets brands accurately uncover specific segments of users and target each with the right marketing campaign; Journey AI which gives brands a means to orchestrate journeys across millions of users, constantly analysing behavioural data and activating brand experiences at the optimal times; and Attribution AI that enables brands to see the conversion impact driven by owned, earned and paid media and make informed resourcing decisions.
- An open platform and robust ecosystem: Adobe Experience Platform is an open platform powered by a common semantic data model to standardise and organise all data, intelligent tools and services to create new experience applications and a broad industry ecosystem to help brands scale. Adobe XDM is being integrated with Microsoft’s CDM and SAP’s CDM into one common data model as part of the Open Data Initiative, announced by the three leaders last September. Adobe Experience Platform supports the framework of the initiative, enabling brands to bring their data from other applications and data sources together to surface new insights. As enterprise architecture moves to put customer experience at the core, Adobe Experience Platform is enabling enterprises to reduce time and resources on trying to create their own infrastructure and focus more on driving their business outcomes.