Blue Prism has announced a new integration with KNIME, the open source data analytics company and Premier partner.
The integration features KNIME's embedded Amazon Web Services (AWS) SDK for Python (Boto3), giving AWS customers low-code and no-code access to more than 175 AWS Global Accelerator (GA) services through Blue Prism digital robots, therefore expanding Blue Prism's solutions catalog on AWS, the company states.
Customers across 22 industries on AWS are now able to build and deploy intelligent automation solutions faster with the same security and scaling ensured with traditional development, the company states.
Blue Prism's drag-and-drop functionality enables users to add any of these 175+ AWS GA services to any Blue Prism workflow, as well as create unique own components and access AWS GA services within automation workflows.
Following the integration with KNIME, enterprises will be able to:
- Access a wider development community, with more than 100,000 open source contributors from KNIME and more than 60,000 Blue Prism Digital Exchange users.
- Connect to AWS GA services through native nodes or the embedded AWS SDK for Python (Boto3), and use the broad open source ecosystem of data analytics capabilities and related connectors in addition to those already available on Blue Prism's Digital Exchange.
- Access and transform data for use within AWS GA Services and automate this process to drive scale, efficiency and accuracy.
- Bundle and share reusable components within KNIME to facilitate use by users of varied skill sets.
- Govern, control and audit the decision process driving intelligence to the digital workers.
- Create an intelligent micro-service incorporating AWS services with low code and customise the output from AWS GA services.
All components and services are available for immediate use within an automation workflow.
AWS worldwide head of intelligent automation Madhu Raman says, “Blue Prism enablement of this new cloud scale digital workforce incorporating AWS GA stack services provides real-world value to our customers.
"In addition to having the greatest breadth of services, AWS also has the deepest functionality within those services. With this, customers are now able to launch intelligent services as endpoints powered by the broad and deep AWS GA stack using KNIME components.
"These components rely on AWS SDK for Python (Boto3) to create, configure, and manage AWS services. The Boto3 SDK provides an object-oriented API, as well as low-level access to AWS services.
"These intelligent services can then be incorporated in Blue Prism workflows. It is exciting to see what customers will do with this.
Blue Prism chief partner strategy officer Linda Dotts says, “With this launch, Blue Prism has unlocked the ability for customers to address their business processing needs using the entire AWS GA stack of services. No intelligent automation provider has created this synergy before.
"This solution extends our AWS relationship, supports our mission to deliver flexible, scalable solutions on AWS and offers our customers more options for intelligent automation in the cloud, putting enterprises in control.
KNIME VP of global partnerships and corporate development Paul Treichler says, “With this collaboration, enterprises can harness the power of their data to create dynamic and customised services that provide intelligence to automated processes.
"KNIME is excited to collaborate with AWS and Blue Prism to make this intelligent automation vision immediately actionable and accessible to organisations of all types.
KNIME connectors are officially available through Blue Prism Digital Exchange (DX), the technology catalog that extends Blue Prism intelligent automation.