Catchpoint has announced the launch of new Internet Performance Monitoring capabilities designed to help organisations improve internet resilience at a time when dependence on the internet for mission-critical business activities continues to increase for all kinds of organisations.
Mehdi Daoudi, CEO and co-founder of Catchpoint, says, “Only Catchpoint offers the breadth and depth of IPM solutions to help IT, network operations and SREs achieve internet resilience with less resources. Our focus on monitoring the internet stack for the past 14 years is without parallel.”
Catchpoint’s five IPM solutions let companies monitor, manage, and optimise every component of the internet stack to ensure great digital customer and workforce experiences.
All five solutions are built on a purpose-built cloud native platform and allow Catchpoint customers to leverage the industry's largest global observability network to monitor from wherever their customers or employees are across the globe.
Now more than ever, SREs and DevOps teams are under pressure to eliminate blind spots and prevent incident impact from negatively impacting user digital experience. Catchpoint works to transform observed telemetry data from the entire digital delivery chain into preventative actions.
New customer experience IPM solution capabilities Include:
- Enhanced smartboard views: Provide geographic data, network impact, routing impact correlating BGP route data with synthetic performance data.
- Customer experience score: Get an aggregate view of CX by geography, service, by market segment, competitors, or by test with customer-defined thresholds and alerts.
- Performance analysis leverages: Web Page Test, the industry gold standard, providing website experience metrics (page load time, first contentful paint, time to interact, filmstrip, etc.) and actionable insights and dynamic experiments for website optimisation.
- Earth view dashboard: An interactive view of global pageviews and performance based on RUM data, by city or country, to visually identify issues faster.
Connected and productive workforce
A workforce needs uninterrupted access to the applications and solutions which are required to run the business. Catchpoint provides IT and network operations professionals with deep visibility required to provide that essential safeguard amidst a landscape of sustained distributed work.
New workforce experience IPM solution capabilities include:
- Improved ability to pinpoint who is having trouble aggregate experience scores and alters it based on custom thresholds by user, location, team, service, etc.
- Improved ability to pinpoint what is causing trouble e.g., router, Wi-Fi connectivity, ISP, endpoint resources, VPN or SASE, or SaaS application.
- Better visibility and reporting: New scatterplots for endpoint data sources, customisable dashboards and interactive views with more comprehensive data and improved usability.
- Microsoft Teams monitoring: Based on real-time flow data providing information on QoS, call quality, connection throughput, and other essential metrics. Catchpoint measures performance directly from the endpoint (not collecting data from an MS service via API), directly measuring the actual experienced call quality for each employee on every call.
Preventing network traffic losses
When everything runs on the network, traffic routing issues can quickly interrupt, or worse, put a halt to business. Catchpoint enables network operations, network engineering and IT professionals to ensure users can always deliver on the digital service delivery chain, while being protected from critical events, whether local or distributed.
New network experience IPM solution capabilities include:
- Improved BGP smartboard, dashboard and score metrics: Builds on Catchpoint's industry-best offering, allowing IT teams to get to answers faster and in fewer clicks for improved MTTR.
- The new BGP smartboard: Enables the investigation of BGP peer event data across selected timeframes, view announcements and withdrawals, then drill down to the details of each event.
- The enhanced BGP dashboard: Allows users to see the health of the networks you rely on at a glance while looking at real-time data from over a thousand vantage points including real-time data from Catchpoint peers.
- Additional score metrics: Provide visibility for reachability, immediate alerting on route hijacks, peer visibility, mass withdrawals, RPKI status, and BGP data by region.
- Network mesh/node-to-node: General availability testing makes possible continuous monitoring for the availability and performance of the network, including measuring jitter, latency and packet loss. This ensures an always-on, high quality network experience, particularly useful for customers with multiple data centres, offices and PoP.
- New DNSSEC support: To strengthen authentication in DNS by adding important security capabilities to the DNS protocol and allowing proactive testing of DNS nodes with DNSSEC enabled.
Detect application performance issues
Fast, traditional agent-based APM and NPM are no longer sufficient to ensure the success of business-critical applications since they don't provide a critical outside-in perspective, the company states.
Catchpoint provides the view that allows DevOps and IT leaders to ensure applications and services are available, functional, and performant across all channels of the digital customer and employee experience, and in real time.
New application experience IPM solution capabilities include:
- New integrations including Terraform, Jenkins pipeline, and others: Enable streamlining of continual release and delivery activities across the entire DevOps lifecycle.
- Proactive API monitoring use cases, now including JS and Selenium: Provide the most comprehensive, versatile list in the industry.
- Enhanced measurements: Including uptime performance, functionality, and integrity for endpoints, transactions, journeys, gateways, or meshes.
Reliable and resilient websites
Powered by Catchpoint WebPageTest, the gold standard webperf testing tool, Catchpoint's Website Experience IPM Solution enables front-end developers, QA teams and engineering managers to optimise their websites for performance, usability, and resilience.
New website experience IPM solution capabilities include:
- WebPageTest performance monitoring: Meaning IT teams can now configure automatic monitoring of their sites Core Web Vitals and more with all the power of WebPageTest, unlocking advanced tests focused on site performance and UX.
- Opportunities and experiments: To allow front-end developers to save weeks or months of testing and tweaking website performance optimisations with automatically generated and custom performance experiments, with no changes to production code.
- Web performance courses: For companies and devs looking to improve their performance know-how, Catchpoint has launched its inaugural 100% free WebPerf course.
Powering Catchpoint’s IPM solutions
Catchpoint’s platform provides the core capabilities required to power all of Catchpoint's Internet Performance Monitoring solutions.
Catchpoint Platform new capabilities include:
- Anomaly detection and Intelligent Metric Correlation: To pinpoint trend shifts, downtime, events, and changes that occur simultaneously based on statistical trending, so that consequences and root cause are identified immediately.
- Symphony UI: Providing an intuitive user experience interface, making each interaction richer while improving the time to find new insights and take action faster.
- Control Center Library: Enabling tokened, password-less authorisations, storage of ASNs and certificates, increasing the security of synthetic tests and scripts, eliminating exposed passwords and the need for rotation, improving overall security.
- Next Generation API: Offering a simpler, easier to use REST API to power integrations and single pane of glass viewports, without sacrificing best of breed telemetry.
- Instant Tests: To give free, real-time insights to supercharge many monitoring use cases.
- Enterprise-grade enhancements: Allow you to search and display data from different business units, regardless of allocation.
- Inline, multi-node selector: Lets you compare the performance of different user perspectives in the same viewport.
- Improved SSO support: For multiple providers, thereby increasing resilience and improving security across your security stack.