IDC's Digital Transformation Awards recognise A/NZ success
FYI, this story is more than a year old
IDC’s inaugural Digital Transformation (DX) Awards have recognised some of Australia and New Zealand’s most successful companies that have managed to harness technology to bring their business into the digital world.
The Awards recognise the achievements of organisations that have successfully digitalised one or multiple areas of their business through the application of digital and disruptive technologies.
“There is clearly an increasing adoption of third platform technologies and innovation accelerators as enterprises race to transform for the future,” says IDC Asia Pacific chief operating officer Tehmasp Parekh.
“The winning projects mirror this trend with inclusion of AI, blockchain and analytics to achieve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. These organisations are successfully thriving with a digitally-native culture, using insights at scale, and deliver new models of customer engagements, all of which are enabled by an intelligent, empowered and agile workforce to evolve into the future enterprise.”
IDC says its DX Awards follows a two-phased approach to determine the country and regional finalists and winners. Each nomination is evaluated by a local and regional IDC analyst against a standard assessment framework based on IDC’s DX taxonomy.
The winners will now go on to represent Australia and New Zealand in the regional awards, where they will be benchmarked against other winners in the same category to ultimately determine the region’s best of the best.
The regional awards will be held at IDC’s Digital Transformation Summit, to be held in Singapore in October.
The A/NZ winners include AI law startup, McCarthyFinch, which took home three awards: CEO Nick Whitehouse as DX Leader of the Year, Talent Accelerator, and the overall award for Digital Disruptor of the Year.
Winners also included Nestlé Australia, Sportsbet, and Domino’s Pizza who all distinguished themselves for their discernible and measurable excellence in their digital transformation (DX) iniatives across the five DX masteries and significant efforts to transform or disrupt the market.
The full list of winners:
- 2019 Digital Disruptor for Australia and New Zealand
- 2019 Talent Accelerator for Australia and New Zealand
- 2019 DX Leader for Australia and New Zealand - Nick Whitehouse, CEO and Co-founder, McCarthyFinch
- New Pizza Chef with Augmented Reality by Domino’s Pizza named as 2019 Omni Experience Innovator for Australia and New Zealand
- Chain of Origin by Nestlé Australia named as 2019 Operating Model Master for Australia and New Zealand
- 10Zing - Real Time Personalisation at Scale by Sportsbet named as 2019 Omni Experience Innovator for Australia and New Zealand