Logicalis gives CIOs real-time view over digital ecosystem, with focus on ESG
Logicalis, the global technology service provider, has announces the launch of the Managed Digital Fabric Platform, created to give CIOs a real-time view of how their entire digital ecosystem is performing across key metrics, including environmental impact.
A 2023 Logicalis study with 1,000 CIOs found that 92% see a clear link between ESG, sustainability and enterprise value but a key barrier to making progress in sustainability is lack of appropriate data collection.
The Managed Digital Fabric Platform was designed to give CIOs the insights they need to improve both the environmental and business impact of their digital ecosystem.
The Logicalis CIO study also revealed that 75% of CIOs feel they need help to unlock their data to drive a successful transformation. The Managed Digital Fabric Platform provides customers with a real-time view of their entire managed digital infrastructure. Based onmachine learning and AI, the platform delivers a simple Digital Fabric Score across five key metrics.
Digital Fabric Scores are benchmarked, so users can see how they perform against similar organisations, and importantly receive practical recommendations to improve performance.
Managed Digital Fabric Platform metrics:
- Environment Real-time monitoring of power and capacity utilisation to identify energy density and recommendations on how to measurably cut carbon emissions.
- Economics Utilisation data provides insights on opportunities to maximise investment as well as practical measures to cut costs without compromising performance, such as scheduled power downs, re-licencing or upgrading to more efficient technologies.
- Security Measurement of ongoing security compliance in real-time, and insights on how to reduce threat dwell times.
- User experience Responsiveness, usability, and productivity are tracked to identify ways to enhance the user experience.
- Availability Visibility of traffic utilisation, and capacity along with predictive analytics to prevent service disruption.
Toby Alcock, CTO, Logicalis says, "For a CIO, trying to objectively assess the performance of their digital ecosystem is a huge undertaking, a deluge of data and inconsistent metrics make it hard to get a holistic view of whether youre delivering for the business.
"Through the Managed Digital Fabric Platform, weve made the complex simple, by identifying the five factors that matter most to CIOs and serving up a live scoring system for each. Users get a real-time view of how their entire tech suite is performing and crucially, gain insight on changes they can make to improve its business impact."
Alcock continues, "When it comes to the environmental impact of digital services, its a major focus for our customers but many are struggling to know where they stand, let alone what steps to take.
"The platform takes away both those challenges by providing measurement, as well as recommendations to help our customers to achieve their ESG goals. What's game-changing is weve placed it front and centre on a CIO dashboard alongside cost, security, and service. Our intention is to drive significant and industry-wide environmental change."
In a pre-launch trial with one Global Managed Services customer, the Logicalis Managed Digital Fabric Platform identified the opportunity for them to move to a new reserved instance pricing model saving them over $23,000 per month, the company states.