Okta cements its commitment to the APAC market
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Okta, an independent provider of identity for the enterprise, announced new state-of-the-art, Amazon Web Services-based Okta infrastructure available in the Asia Pacific region.
Primarily located in Sydney, Australia, the new, local infrastructure will allow customers in APAC to better utilise the benefits of Okta’s cloud-based identity services, benefitting from the geographic proximity of their data.
The investment follows the recent appointment of Graham Sowden as General Manager for APAC and represents the foundation of Okta’s long-term strategy for customer expansion and ambitious plans for growth in APAC.
“Okta is a customer-first organisation. Since our two co-founders started Okta over ten years ago, it’s been a part of our DNA to listen to our customers and prioritize their needs to be successful,” said Okta APAC GM Graham Sowden.
“Our investment in local infrastructure not only signals our growth plans as a company, but it is also an important step in ensuring that Okta will be able to support our customers as their requirements change over time.”
Key technology components of the Okta infrastructure include:
- Location in Australia leveraging multiple data centres and cloud infrastructure provided by Amazon Web Services, built with the same high-availability architecture design as Okta’s US infrastructure.
- An additional disaster recovery facility located in Singapore.
- The option for customers to keep all of their data in APAC data centre facilities located within the region.
- 100% in-region data locality, with no replication or backup to US data centres.
- Infrastructure and code base updated on the same schedule as the US.
- A facility that is operational and available to APAC customers with immediate effect.
Okta is an independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organisations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time.
With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can supposedly easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.