Talend announces OpenAPI visual design support
Talend announced support for OpenAPI specification (OAS) version 3.0 as part of its Spring ’19 release of Talend Data Fabric.
The new API service advancements included with Talend Cloud provide full API development lifecycle support, enabling significant time savings in building and maintaining APIs in an integrated environment.
This API foundation serves as a standard and scalable way for companies to make data available to more users inside and outside an organisation and to create new products and services that can drive new business models, revenue, and profitability.
Talend VP Jerome Louvel says, “As a founding member of the OpenAPI Initiative, Talend continues to lead the innovation around visual API design.
“Given the growth of APIs driven by microservices and digital initiatives, support for an environment that increases DevOps teams' productivity while enabling collaboration with less technical API stakeholders becomes critically important.”
“With this release, we can also ensure that customers have a smooth upgrade path to OAS 3.0 from previous versions or alternative formats.”
OAS 3.0 Support Drives Speed and Compatibility
Talend Cloud is an integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) that makes it easy to collect, govern, transform, and share data.
- Data type composition, e.g. merge different customer information (such as profile, contact and preferences into a unified view of a customer).
- Data type polymorphism.
- Documentation of new security schemes (such as OpenID Connect or JWT).
- Reusable API components (e.g. create a component that describes how to paginate results and use it across multiple API operations).
- Default response and status ranges (e.g. for “any error” on this operation, “this particular” response will be returned).
- Convert API definitions to and from other formats (e.g. RAML and Swagger).
- Visual implementation of APIs as mini and microservices.
These new features are usable on existing API definitions. Through a quick import, customers can transition to OAS 3.0 from Swagger 2 as well as from RAML.