Talend integrates Pipeline Designer with IPaaS offering
Talend has added a web-based graphical designer to its integration platform-as-a-service, Talend Cloud.
The designer, called Pipeline Designer, aims to simplify the creation of end-to-end data pipelines, which means customers can preview live data and transform it easily.
''A majority of organisations are integrating sources and targets across hybrid and multi-cloud environments, where on-demand availability, elastic scalability, and ease-of-use are expected. These complex environments also have unique functional and non-functional requirements that can result in an assembly of multiple tools and technologies for one end-to-end solution,'' explains IDC director of data integration and integrity software research, Stewart Bond.
''Talend Cloud with Pipeline Designer is built for hybrid and multi-cloud data environments, providing data engineers with ease-of-use and elastic scalability on-demand while also enabling integration of streaming and at-rest data, all-in-one tool, simplifying integration solutions.
Developers and data engineers are able to design data pipelines across batch and streaming use cases that scale with hybrid and multi-cloud technologies.
Talend separates the processing and computing layer from the data pipeline to improve scalability. Talend Cloud with Pipeline Designer enables IT and ad-hoc integrators to use a simple interface to transform and move their data, whether it is on-premises or cloud, batch or streaming '' into cloud data lakes and data warehouses within a single seamless environment.
''The requirements for modern data engineering are very different today compared to only a couple years ago. Most teams are not ready or equipped to process or analyse data in real time; yet, to remain viable, companies need to respond faster to opportunities and threats,'' says Talend's SVP products, Ciaran Dynes.
''With Pipeline Designer's new user-friendly UI, customers will be able to easily ingest and transform batch and streaming data. We're thrilled to add this new design environment to Talend Cloud.''
Talend Cloud with Pipeline Designer is available now as part of the company's Spring '19 release.
- Create end-to-end pipelines to preview live data and transform it in a web-based UI
- Design and build resilient pipelines with schema-on-read capabilities
- Develop and debug in real time with a live preview of data
- Design with speed across batch and streaming data use cases using a single interface
- Integrate any data, structured or unstructured
- Connect easily to leading data sources like Salesforce; Amazon S3, Redshift and Kinesis; Azure SQL Database; Snowflake; and Apache Kafka
- Design pipelines in the cloud, then run on-premises, in AWS EMR, or in a virtual private cloud
- Build and run hybrid, multi-cloud pipelines
- Get unlimited scale by running native Apache Spark on big data platforms
- Future-proof development with one-click portability between platforms