Zoom’s new Rooms and Meetings features
Zoom has added new integrations and features for Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Meetings, all core services of its video-first unified communications platform.
These new capabilities include:
Zoom Rooms hardware
Zoom provides video solutions for conference rooms and workspaces including software-based solution Zoom Rooms, SIP/H.323 bridge Conference Room Connector, and Digital Signage and Scheduling Display included with Zoom Rooms.
New offerings include:
- AVer EP65 - A 65” all-in-one interactive whiteboard solution that includes all the components and software configurations you need to run a Zoom Rooms for Touch right out of the box
- Crestron Flex B Series - The new Crestron Smart Soundbar is a front of the room solution. Paired with a Crestron Touch Screen as the controller, this system provides native integration with Zoom Rooms
- DTEN D7 - Dual 55” display all-in-one interactive whiteboard solution that includes the complete components and software configurations needed to run Zoom Rooms for Touch
- Logitech Solutions for Zoom Rooms - Single-vendor bundles for small, medium, and large conference rooms. With the Tap touch controller and conference cams, Logitech will now support single-SKU bundles that include all the core components needed to deploy Zoom Rooms for a variety of room types
- Polycom Studio: A USB video conferencing bar with active speaker tracking technology that combines business-grade performance with simplicity for small rooms and huddle spaces. Polycom Studio consolidates a camera, microphone, and speaker into a single device, simplifying deployment and device management
Zoom Meetings features
Zoom Meetings provide HD video, audio, and content sharing across all devices and spaces. New to Zoom Meetings:
- Real-time transcription - Starting in 3Q19, Zoom will provide automated real-time transcription in meetings.
- Simultaneous interpretation - Support for interpreters via multiple audio channels in a Zoom meeting will be available in 3Q19. Meeting participants can choose their language of choice among many to receive real-time interpretation of the other participants' speech
- Meeting Notes Summary - Available in the 3Q19, Zoom will capture meeting notes such as a summary and action items, and make them available after the meeting to enable continued collaboration
- Enhanced Microsoft Teams Integration - Available in 2Q19, the next iteration of Zoom's Microsoft Teams integration will focus on simplifying the user experience to satisfy core use cases. Users will be able to add a Zoom Tab and click Experience to start, schedule, and view Zoom meetings relevant to a Team
- Siri Shortcuts - From your iPhone, ask Siri to start an ad hoc or scheduled meeting, or have Siri read out a list of your upcoming meetings. This feature will be available in April 2019