8x8 and Genesys collaborate on customer service solution
8x8 and Genesys have announced a product integration of 8x8 Work with Genesys Cloud CX. With the new integration, organisations can align agents and the appropriate subject matter experts to collaborate for better customer outcomes, the company states.
According to Genesys, in the digital workplace today nearly every employee has a role in the customer experience, making it more important to eliminate barriers between departments and systems.
Connecting teams across the enterprise enables customers and employees to engage more fluidly, improving loyalty on both fronts.
By combining 8x8 Work's enterprise voice, video meetings and team chat capabilities with the composable Genesys Cloud CX platform, organisations can drive all employee communication and collaboration needs across voice and digital channels for the entire enterprise, the company states.
The integration provides:
- Secure, in-network call transfers between the contact centre and the rest of the organisation for better collaboration.
- Unified company directory with API-driven user provisioning to enable agents to connect with any subject matter expert across the organisation to solve customer issues and collaborate in real time with a single click.
- Integrated single sign-on for user authentication creates a smoother and more efficient employee experience.
- Shared user presence status to enable agents to see the availability of non-contact centre subject matter experts for faster customer service.
- Superior voice quality around the globe with Genesys Cloud Voice and 8x8, which provides full cloud Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) support for multinational organisations with employees and customers in 50 countries by offering local direct numbers, toll free numbers, and calling plans in addition to support for local emergency services.
Commenting on 8x8 and Genesys working together, 8x8 chief product officer Hunter Middleton says, “We are excited to welcome Genesys as an integration partner for 8x8 Work.
"The 8x8 Work and Genesys Cloud CX integration demonstrates the power of both platforms and brings an integrated experience for enterprises looking to enhance employee and customer engagement for a hybrid workplace.
"This furthers our mission of bringing EX and CX together and delivering these capabilities to a new set of customers and prospects."
Genesys Cloud CX executive vice president and general manager Olivier Jouve says, “Most organisations today have an opportunity to reinvent their relationships with their customers and employees.
"At Genesys, were focused on developing people centric innovation, and that starts by making it simpler for businesses to solve challenges that are standing in the way of great experiences.
"Our partnership with 8x8 represents a positive step forward in creating a more connected enterprise, designed to strengthen customer and employee experiences.
Customer AdaptHealth commented on the integration. AdaptHealth chief technology officer Albert Prast says, “Businesses like AdaptHealth are already realising the advantages of using 8x8 and Genesys solutions and see further benefits now with the two market leaders joining forces. At AdaptHealth, we are committed to delivering an enhanced high-quality experience to both our patients and healthcare professionals.
"By enhancing the collaboration between our employees using 8x8 cloud unified communications and the contact centre teams on Genesys Cloud CX, we can deliver an even higher level of customer service and empower patients to live their best lives at home."
The integrated offering is now available in the 8x8 App Store and the Genesys AppFoundry.