Nutanix introduces new cloud-native solutions for enterprises
Nutanix announced the general availability of its certified Kubernetes solution, Nutanix Karbon. Karbon is part of the Nutanix Cloud Native stack, bringing production-ready Kubernetes, persistence for Kubernetes applications, observability and monitoring for dynamic containers, and managed databases in one simple to deploy and manage the offering.
With this introduction, Nutanix customers will be able to leverage reliable, automated, secure and efficient services together with the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform to develop and run both their virtual machine and container-based applications on-premises.
According to IDC, the container infrastructure software market is forecasted to grow from $131.1 million in 2017 to $1.55 billion in 2022, with most of the growth coming from on-premises deployments. Though much of the adoption to date has been with web-scale companies, it is now beginning to expand into enterprises.
Through Nutanix's Cloud Native offerings, companies will supposedly be able to take advantage of simple, reliable on-prem tooling and automation required for fast development and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) of scale-out applications for a cloud-like Kubernetes experience on-prem.
This includes simple and fast deployment of Kubernetes in a private cloud, persistent block and file storage via CSI driver, observability for their cloud-native applications and, once available, S3-compatible storage.
- Nutanix Karbon: A simplified and production-ready Certified Kubernetes distribution that simplifies the provisioning, operations and lifecycle management of Kubernetes with a native experience. Karbon is included in the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Nutanix Volumes - Files: One of the more challenging aspects of cloud native applications is persistence. With Nutanix's Container Storage Interface (CSI) and Volumes - Files products, adding high-performance storage to Kubernetes is simplified.
- Nutanix Buckets: A software-defined object storage solution that will be able to non-disruptively scale-out while lowering overall costs. It's designed with an S3-compatible REST API interface to handle from terabytes to petabytes of unstructured data.
- Nutanix Xi Epoch: An observability and monitoring service for cloud native applications that provides end-to-end real-time visibility into the distributed application architecture. With Xi Epoch, customers gain insights into application, infrastructure, and orchestration management issues, enabling them to increase the reliability and performance of their Cloud Native applications.
- Nutanix Era: A database administration tool that brings simplicity and invisible operations to database provisioning and lifecycle management (LCM).