The 16th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business were held last week, celebrating women executives, entrepreneurs, and organisations run by women.
More than 500 businesswomen and their guests attended a gala dinner in New York, with representatives attending from as far away as Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Singapore.
This year businesses submitted more than 1500 nominations across categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Startup of the Year.
Grand Stevie Award trophies were presented to six organizations that submitted the best body of entries to the competition, in their own names or in the names of one or more clients. Winners were determined by the number of Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Awards won in the competition.
The Grand Stevie Award winners are:
- The Audacious Agency, Coombabah, QLD, Australia (#1)
- Melissa Sones Consulting, New York, NY, USA (#2)
- DP DHL, worldwide (#3)
- WDS Marketing - Public Relations, Overland Parks, KS, USA (#4)
- Harman International, Stamford, CT, USA (#5 TIE)
- Jeunesse Global, Lake Mary, FL, USA (#5 TIE)
The 2019 Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Notable Gold Stevie Award winners in this years competition include:
- Berna Tan, COO, Arvato CRM Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey Female Executive of the Year in Europe, the Middle East - Africa
- Brenda Dennis, Vice President, Cisco Systems, Inc., San Jose, CA, USA Female Executive of the Year Business Products More Than 2,500 Employees
- Oanh Phuong, Regional Head of Customer Support, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP Inc., Singapore Female Executive of the Year in Asia, Australia, or New Zealand
- Carolyn Tisch Blodgett, Senior Vice President and Head of Global Brand Marketing Peloton, New York, NY, USA Most Innovative Woman of the Year Technology
- Siti Choiriana, Consumer Service Director, PT. Telkom Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia Female Executive of the Year Consumer Services More Than 2,500 Employees
- Sarah Konowal, Co-Founder and CEO, Ripshot Enterprises, Toronto, ON, Canada Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Canada
- Ann DeAngelo, Associate Director, Womens Business Development Center (WBDC), Fairway, KS, USA Women Helping Women Government or Non-Profit
- Ritu Narayan, Founder and CEO, Zum, Redwood City, CA, USA Female Entrepreneur of the Year Consumer Services 11 to 2,500 Employees
- Rachael Ferguson, CEO/Podiatrist, Synxsole, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Washington DC, USA Event of the Year
- Solv by Concentrix, Belfast, United Kingdom Best New Product or Service of the Year Business Services; Most Innovative Company of the Year More Than 10 Employees
- Thomson Reuters, New York, NY, USA Communications or PR Campaign of the Year Multicultural
- Organisations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include CAULIPOWER, Dubai Health Authority, Harman International, INKAS Armored Vehicle Manufacturing, Jeunesse Global, LabTwin, Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers, Pennsylvanias Department of Banking and Securities, Solv by Concentrix, The Audacious Agency, and Turkish Airlines.
HCL Technologies, the multinational information technology service and consulting company, sponsored awards in six Red Ladder Women in Technology categories.
Among notable Stevie winners in those categories are:
- Jo Abernathy, Chief Information Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Leader in Operational Excellence
- Rachel Barber, SVP - CTO, Gaming and Lottery, IGT Transformational Sourcing Relations Leader
- Christy Barker, VP, CIO, Olin Corporation Digital Transformer of the Year
- Kirsten Davies, SVP and Chief Information Security Advisor, Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Leader in Operational Excellence
- Kimberly Green-Kerr, Senior Vice President, Sprint Business, Sprint Leader in Transforming Customer Engagement
- Laura Miller, Chief Information Officer, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) Leadership in NexGen Technology
- Carol Rohl, Executive Director, Global Research IT, Merck - Co. Inc. Excellence in Transforming Business.