Zoom forges partnerships and adds channel programme
Zoom Video Communications has announced enhancements and partnerships for its video-first unified communications platform.
Among the announcements are new device support and enterprise management for Zoom Rooms, as well as programmes to empower Zoom’s channel partners.
These announcements serve to enhance the Zoom conference rooms experience for customers by simplifying the procurement and deployment of Zoom Rooms through partnering vendors or its channel.
Zoom has released several enhancements and partnerships for its software-based conference room solution Zoom Rooms.
Zoom Rooms features video and audio conferencing, wireless content sharing, and integrated calendaring running on off-the-shelf hardware, as well as extension services Digital Signage and Scheduling Display.
It is the perfect solution for conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices, clinics, and classrooms.
New to Zoom Rooms:
Single-Vendor Kits Shipping:
Several hardware providers are now shipping their Zoom Rooms kits globally, including:
- Crestron: Crestron Flex, Zoom Rooms Solutions (with new UC-Engine compute.)
- Logitech: Logitech Solutions for Zoom Rooms (featuring Logitech Tap.)
- Yealink: Yealink CP960 series includes small room and large room kits.
Additional Hardware Partnerships:
- DTEN: DTEN D7 75” all-in-one pre-configured Zoom Rooms kit.
- Lenovo: ThinkSmart Hub 500 for Zoom Rooms, combining PC, microphone, speaker, and Zoom Rooms Controller all into one device, shipping later this year.
- Poly: Poly Trio with Zoom Rooms integration is now available with a single-cable connection option that carries audio, control, and power over the network.
- Shure: Now available, Shure provides the first pro audio DSP system with Zoom Rooms certification, including mute sync integration with Zoom Rooms using the IntelliMix' P300 audio processor and Microflex'Advance ceiling and table array microphones.
- People Counting: By the end of June 2019, Zoom Rooms will be able to count the number of attendees in any room, providing insight into room utilisation and large meeting attendance.
Zoom Device Management (beta): By the end of June 2019, Zoom will launch a beta version of Zoom Device Manager. This complimentary capability within the Zoom admin portal allows enterprises to mass update their Zoom Rooms iOS controllers and scheduling displays. Zoom plans to extend this service to other devices in the future.
Zoom Rooms for Touch Enhancements: Zoom Rooms for Touch now supports features such as multi-share, automatic shape detection, and pen thickness adjustment.
Zoom is also enhancing its partner programs to grow and support its channel. Among the new programs for qualifying partners:
- Education: Available now, updated learning tracks and the introduction of partner qualifications courses.
- Resources: Available now, expanded library of resources and assets, on demand in the partner portal, as well as regular online education and training events.
- Support: Available now, extended partner coverage support, with additional channel account managers and a dedicated support line.
- MDF Program and Portal: Zoom is committed to assisting its partners in increasing their sales and revenues of its joint solutions. Launching Winter 2019, the Reseller Partners Marketing Development Funds (MDF) Program is designed to help its key channel partners drive demand generation and go-to-market activities based upon agreed business plans. We are also launching a dedicated MDF module within the partner portal where partners can request funding and submit claims.“
Zoom’s hardware and channel partners are vital to getting Zoom’s services into the hands of enterprises around the world,” says Zoom BD and channels head Laura Padilla.
“We’re proud to see its partners shipping these high-quality, convenient Zoom Rooms kits globally, and we are happy to provide greater resources and support to its channel partners.”