Cybereason delivers nation-state level of protection to enterprises
Cybereason, the XDR company, has announced new advancements in Cybereason NGAV (Next-Generation Antivirus) that deliver nation-state level protection for organisations of all sizes from small businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
With the addition of two new protection layers, Cybereason now provides nine distinct prevention layers that detect and block even advanced attack techniques that circumvent conventional AV and NGAV tools, the company states.
Lior Div, Cybereason CEO and Co-founder, says, "By adding these two sophisticated layers to Cybereason NGAV, Cybereason is redefining prevention by providing customers with more layers of protection than any other solution on the market.
"With protection capabilities that have already achieved the highest scores in the history of the four MITRE ATT&CK evaluations, our customers can be assured that we are continuing to innovate and empower them to defend forward by proactively ending the most sophisticated attacks as early as possible in the kill chain."
The Payload Variant Prevention is a first-of-its-kind capability that defeats novel, polymorphic and re-packed malware variants associated with advanced attacker tooling such as Cobalt-Strike and Emotet, while the Behavioural Execution Prevention feature detects and blocks attack techniques that abuse legitimate operating system tools.
Each layer of Cybereason NGAV protection is purpose-built to prevent ransomware and other malware infections in unique ways, in order to assure sophisticated attacker tools do not slip by an organisation's defences, the company states. This includes:
- Variant payload prevention: Blocks novel and mutated malware and ransomware payloads
- Behavioural execution prevention: Prevents abuse of legitimate services
- Predictive ransomware protection: Prevents file encryption by ransomware and restores encrypted files
- Fileless attack prevention: Blocks in-memory command line and script-based attacks
- Exploit prevention: Prevents exploitation of Windows vulnerabilities
- AI-powered anti-malware: Blocks novel and mutated malware variants
- Anti-malware: Blocks known and commoditised malware variantsEndpoint Controls: Blocks unauthorised device and network connections and ensures full disk encryption
- Behavioural document prevention: Blocks malicious macros
Earlier this year, Cybereason states it comfirmed an industry-leading position in reversing the adversary advantage by posting the best results in the history of MITRE ATT&CK evaluations, including:
- 100% prevention: Cybereason detected and prevented 100% of the nine attack sequences for both Windows and Linux
- 100% visibility: Cybereason exposed 100% of the 109 attack behaviours for both Windows and Linux
- 100% real-time protection: Cybereason had zero delayed detection
- 99% analytic coverage: Achieving the industry best for deeply contextualised detections
Cybereason is an XDR company, partnering with Defenders to end attacks at the endpoint, in the cloud, and across the entire enterprise ecosystem. The AI-driven Cybereason Defense Platform provides predictive prevention, detection, and response that is undefeated against modern ransomware and advanced attack techniques.
The Cybereason MalOp delivers context-rich attack intelligence across every affected device, user, and system with speed and accuracy, the company states. The solution is able to turn threat data into actionable decisions at the speed of business.